Pinecrest Gardens 2020 COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Pinecrest Gardens and the Cortada Science Art Academy at Pinecrest Gardens will be following the CDC guidelines and suggested protocols to keep everyone safe. Safety and providing a low-risk environment is our number-one priority. This page is in compliance with Miami-Dade County and CDC guidelines.
Mission: Pinecrest Gardens strives to provide exceptional facilities, services and programs that enhance the quality of life for all residents through dedicated customer service, community engagement and enriching experiences.
STUDENT & PARENT INSTRUCTIONS:
Please do your part. It is important to take every day preventive actions to limit the spread of Covid-19. The CDC and Pinecrest Gardens recommends the following:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people. This will be referred to as physical or social distancing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
- Remember to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
All students must bring a face covering and wear it at all times. The Village does not provide face coverings. Students must bring their own face covering. Students may not enter the facility without proper face covering. Face coverings are required for all activities indoor and outdoor, with no exception.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
The CDC states that cleaning with soap and water removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It lowers the risk of spreading infection. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces. By killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Employees will routinely clean, sanitize, and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched such as but not limited to doorknobs, light switches, countertops, tables, chairs, and any restroom toilet/sink handles and dryers that are not touchless. All rooms within the facility will be routinely cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected throughout the day.
Drop-off and Pick-up
The CDC recommends that the same parent or designated person should drop off and pick up the child every day. All drop off and pick up will be conducted outside in a curbside style and will have designated areas. The parent or designated person along with anyone who is not registered in the program must always remain in the vehicle. It is required that everyone inside the vehicle must have a face covering on during drop-off and pick-up procedures prior to the employee approaching your vehicle. Failure to comply with this safety protocol will result in the denial of program attendance, as we will not be able to safely administer the health screening.
Parents are not allowed inside facility rooms. If you wish to see the room set-up, please schedule a ZOOM meeting, or face-to-face appointment with the program provider prior to class commencing.
Sign-In and Sign-Out Procedures
The parent or designated guardian of each student will adhere to all sign-in procedures during drop-off and sign-out procedures during pick-up to ensure the safety of all students. Sign-in and Sign out procedures will require proof of identification. Parents can provide identification from the safety of their vehicle.
Daily temperature checks upon arrival
All students will be checked for temperature upon arrival daily. Should a student’s temperature be above 100.4 degrees F, that student will not be allowed to enter Pinecrest Gardens that day. If the temperature is believed to be a misreading, please park in designated area and wait for staff to re-administer temperature scan after 10-15 minutes.
All Village employees, program staff and children will go through a series of daily health screenings upon arrival. The health screenings will be conducted safely and respectfully, and in accordance with any applicable privacy laws and regulations while following CDC guidelines.
All Village employees, program staff and children will be screened for COVID-19 signs and symptoms, other illness or injury upon arrival. Anyone that may appear to have symptoms of a contagious disease, illness, or injury that might require medical attention will be denied entry to the facility. Please understand that this is for the safety of everyone and remember to stay home if you are sick.
Daily Pre-screening Questions:
- Has your child had a fever of 100.4 F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc. within the past two weeks?
- Has anyone in your immediate family had a fever of 100.4 F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc. within the past two weeks?
- Has your child or anyone in your immediate family travelled nationally or internationally within the past two weeks?
- Has your child or anyone in your immediate family been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with, tested for, or quarantined as a result of COVID-19?
If any of the above questions are answered “yes”, parent must provide clearance from a primary care physician indicating that the child can participate in the program. Pinecrest Gardens Staff and Program Providers will do their best to keep all students and staff safe. If a student repeatedly violates safety protocols, the program providers or Pinecrest Gardens has the right to expel or send a student home should they not follow rules.
All students will maintain social distancing of minimum 6-feet at all times. Program providers will have room set-ups that allow for proper social distancing. Students will be required to use their same stations or seating arrangement each day. Please contact Pinecrest Gardens for more detail on room set ups.
Food Service, Snacks and Water Bottles
No, food and snacks will not be provided. Students are not permitted to bring food or drinks (other than a closed top water bottle, preferably with first and last name written on it) to their session.
Small Groups and Keeping Them Together (Cohort)
Per the CDC, small groups of children that stay together outside, each day, while physical distancing and do not share objects is considered best practice and the lowest risk of spread. The Village of Pinecrest is committed to having small groups with the same employee(s) that will remain together for the duration of the program without mixing with other groups. Each group will have their own assigned area in which they will conduct all of their activities to minimize the possibility for cross contamination.
Refunds, less any non-refundable fees, are made only when Pinecrest Gardens receives written notice of cancellation before the first day of the scheduled program. Refunds are not given the day the program begins or thereafter. Pinecrest Gardens will discuss refunds due to health-related concerns on a case-by-case basis.
When Someone Gets Sick
Employees and children should not come to Pinecrest Gardens if they are sick. In addition, if a student has been exposed to someone with symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19, or tests positive for COVID-19, the student should not come to Pinecrest Gardens. Parents should notify program providers immediately if this happens.
Pinecrest Gardens will provide an isolation room or space for any employee and/or student who may have a temperature above 100.4 degrees F, feels sick at any point, or displays symptoms of illness while on the grounds. Students will be isolated with adult supervision. Parent or designated guardian will be notified immediately to pick up their child to safely transport child home or to a healthcare facility.
Pinecrest Gardens is open to the public
Please note that the park facilities are open to the public. All guests entering Pinecrest Gardens must be wearing masks and observing social distancing rules. Park patrons will not have access to program spaces or rooms. Mixing of general public and students will not be permitted.
PROGRAM STAFF EXPECTATIONS:
- Program staff will maintain and enforce social distancing and wear a face covering at all times.
- Program staff will coordinate the drop-off and pick-up of students outside curbside style using radios or cellphones to communicate with one another.
- Program staff will handle the sign-in and sign-out procedures for students.
- Program staff will perform the health screenings and record information properly.
- Program providers will set up ZOOM meetings for parents with questions prior to class.
- Program staff will oversee regular hand washing and restroom use. Providers must have hand sanitizer available at all times.
- Program staff will ensure all students remain with their designated small groups at all times (cohort).
- Program staff will be responsible for safely isolating any student who may have a temperature above 100.4 degrees F, feels sick at any point, or displays symptoms of COVID-19 while at Pinecrest Gardens. Providers will notify parent or designated guardian immediately to pick up child to safely transport child home or to a healthcare facility.
- Program staff will clean all rooms and restroom facilities should be left in the same condition as they were found. All rooms and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. At the end of each day, each room will be swept, trash picked up, and everything cleaned and disinfected.
- Pinecrest Gardens staff will perform deep cleanings at the end of each day, between each class, and upon request or as needed.
- For life threatening incidents/emergencies call 911 immediately. If an accident, incident or injury occurs, an incident report must be submitted to the Village of Pinecrest on the same day.